Transform your bathroom from drab to fab with the right remodel.View Gallery >
Basement Remodeling in Morris County & the Surrounding North Jersey Areas
When you bought your home a few years ago, you might have settled for an unfinished basement, thinking you could always remodel it someday. If that day has arrived, it’s time to team up with JMC Home Improvement Specialists! From home theater design to fitness room transformations, whatever your basement vision is, JMC can make it a reality.
Our knowledgeable design/build team has been providing first-rate basement remodeling to North Jersey residents since 1977.
For more information about finishing your basement in Chatham, Chester, Basking Ridge, and surrounding areas, contact our team at JMC for a free in-home consultation. You can also schedule an appointment to visit our showroom.
Why Should I Finish My Basement?
A newly remodeled basement could be the key to transforming an average house into your dream home. Consider all the benefits of a basement remodel or renovation:
- Increased livable space: Wish you had more room for your family to spread out? You don’t have to move—simply finish the basement to make your home feel more spacious!
- Added luxury: The main-floor living space is about practicality, but down in the basement, you can add features to make your home more charming and luxurious.
- Maximized budget: Compared to adding on to your home elsewhere, finishing the basement allows you to add livable square footage to your home for a fraction of the cost.
- Added home value: If you plan on selling your home soon, finishing the basement first will allow you to increase the asking price. The upgrade could also be a good way to capture the attention of potential buyers. Even if you’re not moving, the added home value will continue to appreciate over time.
Make the Most of Your Basement Remodel
The extra living space you create for your family in the basement can take on many different forms. Consider adding any combination of the following:
- Home theater with reclining lounge chairs and a surround sound system
- Playroom for the kids
- Game room for the adults, complete with wet bar, pool table, and wide-screen TV
- Home office with built-ins
- Storage room to hold holiday décor, Halloween costumes, memorabilia, and more
- Fitness room to work out in the comfort of your home
- Apartment suite for the in-laws or to generate extra rental income
- Wine cellar in the ideal subterranean environment
- And more!
Need inspiration? View our portfolio for our completed basement remodeling projects.
Our Design/Build Process
You have a few options for finishing your basement in New Jersey. One is to work with a designer first, and then hire a builder to perform the construction portion. At JMC, we combine both aspects into a streamlined design/build process.
By helping you plan and construct your basement remodel, we provide you with a single point of contact for the duration of the project. This simplifies your basement remodel, ensures smooth communication, and keeps costs down.
We’ll gather your input on every decision and assist with everything from choosing basement flooring to adding electrical wiring to painting the walls. Once the work is finished, we’ll take you on a final walkthrough. We only deem the job complete once you’re 100% satisfied.
Choose JMC for Your Basement Remodel in Morris, Union, or Essex County
At JMC, we bring over 40 years of experience to your basement remodeling project. You can trust us to deliver a finished product that exceeds your expectations. We’re so confident because 94% of our surveyed clients would recommend us to their friends and family. We even offer a JMC Guarantee for your peace of mind.
Ready to get started on your basement remodel? Contact us today to kick off your basement renovation with a free in-home consultation.
- 1Initial Phone Call
- 2Your In-Home Consultation
- 3Showroom Meeting
- 4Estimate Overview & Deposit
- 5Pre-Construction Visit and Meeting
- 6Final Material Selections
- 7Applications and Permits
- 8Pre-Job Walkthrough
- 9Start of Construction
- 10During Job Follow-Up Call
- 12Substantial Completion/Walkthrough
- 13Project Completion/Final Inspections
- 14Project Closing Meeting
- 16Survey and Review Request
From new cabinets to full kitchen renovation, we have your needs covered.View Gallery >
Your home is uniquely yours; updates can help showcase your style.View Gallery >
Basements allow you to expand your space without building an addition.View Gallery >
- Additions & ExteriorsAdditions & Exteriors
From façade enhancements to home additions, our team does it all.View Gallery >