Transform your bathroom from drab to fab with the right remodel.View Gallery >
6 Signs It Might Be Time to Remodel Your New Jersey Home
Maybe you’ve been toying with the idea of remodeling your home—but you’re just not sure if it’s time. Maybe you wonder if remodeling is really justified. Here are six signs that now may the time to get started on that renovation project that’s been rattling around in the back of your mind.
1. Things are feeling a little “tight.” Maybe you have more kids than when you first moved in to your current home. Or maybe your kids have grown and just need more space. Perhaps you’ve got a senior parent living with you now. Or maybe you’ve simply acquired more “stuff” than you had before (It happens!). Regardless of how you’ve outgrown your space, you feel like you need more space—or at least you need to make better use of the space you’ve got. That’s a good reason to look at remodeling—particularly if you like the neighborhood you’re in and don’t really want to move.
2. You have some safety concerns. This can be a real issue if the house you’re presently in is a bit older. There’s a reason that safety codes for homes keep changing. Some of the things that were acceptable years ago aren’t allowed today—because we’ve discovered that they aren’t safe. You may not be required to change them, but if you’re concerned about the safety of your family, you may want to address them anyway.
3. Your lifestyle has changed. Even if you haven’t outgrown the amount of space you have, the way you live may have changed. Small kids don’t need a lot of bathroom space, and you probably didn’t mind sharing space with them. As they get older, however, it can become a problem—especially if everybody is trying to get ready for the day at the same time. Or maybe you used to eat out more and now you prefer to entertain at home. That can be hard to do if your kitchen is too small or if you don’t have another space where people like to congregate.
4. You want to protect your investment. Your home is probably still your single largest investment. But homes need maintenance and updating to hold their value. Making the right improvements to your home can help you enjoy living in it more—and can pay off if you should decide to sell at some point in the future. The key, of course, is making the right improvements and making sure they’re done properly.
5. Energy efficiency and environmental impact. There’s no way around it; older homes simply aren’t as energy-efficient as new homes. If you’re in an older home, you may be using more energy than you need to. Not only does that cost you money, but it also impacts the environment around you. There are an increasing number of products and solutions that can make your home more environmentally friendly.
6. You just want to make a change. Sometimes homeowners feel a little bit guilty about making changes just because they’re tired of “the same old thing.” But that’s a perfectly acceptable reason to remodel. Our tastes change over time. Things we thought were “cool” once upon a time no longer hold much appeal (and sometimes we’re even embarrassed by what we once thought was stylish). You should feel comfortable in your own home. And if that means making some changes, that’s a legitimate reason.
If any of these “signs” resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you. Shoot us a note and let us know what you’re thinking. Or give us a call at (973) 386-0707 and tell us what you’d like to change. We’ll be happy to help!
- 1Initial Phone Call
- 2Your In-Home Consultation
- 3Showroom Meeting
- 4Estimate Overview & Deposit
- 5Pre-Construction Visit and Meeting
- 6Final Material Selections
- 7Applications and Permits
- 8Pre-Job Walkthrough
- 9Start of Construction
- 10During Job Follow-Up Call
- 12Substantial Completion/Walkthrough
- 13Project Completion/Final Inspections
- 14Project Closing Meeting
- 16Survey and Review Request
From new cabinets to full kitchen renovation, we have your needs covered.View Gallery >
Your home is uniquely yours; updates can help showcase your style.View Gallery >
Basements allow you to expand your space without building an addition.View Gallery >
- Additions & ExteriorsAdditions & Exteriors
From façade enhancements to home additions, our team does it all.View Gallery >